1. A sharp tongue can cut my own throat.
2. If I want my dreams to come true, I mustn’t oversleep.
3. Of all the things I wear, my expression is the most important.
4. The best vitamin for making friends….. B1.
5. The happiness of my life depends on the quality of my thoughts.
6. The heaviest thing I can carry is a grudge.
7. One thing I can give and still keep…is my word.
8. I lie the loudest when I lie to myself.
9. If I lack the courage to start, I have already finished.
10. One thing I can’t recycle is wasted time.
11. Ideas won’t work unless ‘ I ‘ do.
12. My mind is like a parachute…it functions only when open.
13. The 10 commandments are not a multiple choice.
14. The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime! It is never too late to become what I might have been
1. A sharp tongue can cut my own throat.
I keep telling myself that I won’t be ordering toys for DS abroad. I know it is cheaper abroad but most of the toys he likes are bulky, thus I will need to spend a lot on shipping. But I am just seeing so many nice toys online that I find it so tempting. I need to set a budget so I won’t spend much on toys this time. Besides there’s this great toy sale happening come November. I might just get his toys and gifts from there instead. Plus he said he wants a new computer now for Christmas. As if we can afford it.
* Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
* Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
* Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
* Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
* Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
* Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
* Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
* What other people think of you is none of your business.
* Believe in miracles.
* Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
* Your children get only one childhood.
* Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
* The best is yet to come.
More lessons: http://www.amazingposts.com/2009/06/lessons-from-life.html.
What happens when one has been offline for 2 days. Tons of updates to read, emails to check and reply to and works piling up. Our ISP is having some maintenance thus we are down, night time especially, for 2 days. I hope all the maintenance is over as I do have some things that needed to be done. One of which is the search for a medical assistant school. Plus I have been organizing my digital files, I guess it’s time that I should do some cleanup online as well. And I have tons of photos to upload. This I am not sure if I’d be able to upload. We’ll see.
“To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did”
When God takes something from your grasp. He’s not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
“The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
We have a mango tree in front of the house but we are planning of cutting it down. Primarily because it’s so hard to keep our front yard clean from all the falling leaves. Plus the tree is getting quite big, it is not advisable to keep it especially during heavy typhoons. I am thinking of turning the extra space in front into a patio of some sort. DH would like to get some outdoor furniture and some patio furniture covers, as well. Even if the furniture is especially made for outdoors, it won’t hurt to protect them from the elements, I guess. Anyway, I better start looking for DIY patio projects on the internet. We don’t have a budget so something that DH and I could do would be great.
One of the reasons why I am staying away from unnecessary shopping is a new sofa.
I have been wanting to get a new one but it had to wait a while. It’s mainly because our son was still at the stage where he enjoyed making a mess. But now that he’s bigger I think the house is ready for some improvements. Right now we are still at the canvassing and computing stage. We make it a point to check out modern sofas whenever we are at the mall. I think I know what I want, but I need to sleep over it for a few more days and of course I had to save some more.
I am bit late in discovering Gossip Girl. I actually had the DVD’s for quite some time now but it was only recently that I got to watch it. I can’t wait for the show’s season 4. But before that, I need to have season 2 and season 3 marathons first. The big question is when can I find the time to do that. I don’t want to watch at night, very close to my sleeping time, as I know it will keep up till the wee hours in the morning, that I will be needing best acne treatment and undereye cream for my face. Add to that the chores that I need to do in the morning. So it’s a no-no for me to have the series marathon at night.
~image via http://justbesplendid.tumblr.com/.